Honey-Rum Grilled Bananas
These grilled bananas are the perfect dessert following a cookout. My family was skeptical at first, but everyone tried the recipe and they all agreed it was delicious. I use coconut rum from the Bahamas. —Lori Wendt, Mahomet, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium firm unpeeled bananas
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the rum, honey and cinnamon; set aside. Cut
- bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on.
- Place bananas cut side down on grill. Cover and grill over medium
- heat for 3 minutes. Turn and brush with honey mixture. Cover and
- grill 5-6 minutes longer or until tender. Peel bananas. Serve
- immediately with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 158 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.