Honey Pork and Carrots
Susan Morrissey's tangy island-inspired entree is both smoky and sweet. "Guests love it," says the St. Croix, Virgin Islands reader. "Since everything cooks together, there's little to clean up."
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and carrots in butter for 5-6
- minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for
- 10-12 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the vegetables
- are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 294 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.