Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Pineapple chunks add unexpected, yet delicious bursts of tartness to naturally sweet sweet potatoes. Add pecans, if you'd like, for another layer of flavor that people will love. —Paula Mayo, Feedings Hills, Massachusetts
13 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover
- and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender;
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine
- the crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes. Transfer
- to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small
- bowl, combine honey and reserved juice; pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with
- pecans if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated
- Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without pecans) equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium,