Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts
“We love to entertain,” writes Penny Davis from Newman Lake, Washington. “This is one of my favorite 'special' recipes to welcome dinner guests. The nuts add an elegant touch, and it fills the house with a great aroma.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and
- cayenne. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter; add
- garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on
- each side or until juices run clear. Drizzle honey over chicken;
- sprinkle with pecans. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 382 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.