Honey-Pecan Baked Cod
One night at dinner, while vacationing in the Blue Ridge Mountains, we tried a pecan-encrusted trout that we've tried to re-create. We enjoy this tasty version with fresh or frozen cod often. —Lana German, Lenoir, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 6 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven
- ingredients. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Dip fillets in
- honey mixture, then coat with pecans.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 15-20
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 330 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon