Honey-Peanut Bar Cookies
Jim Gales from Glendale, Wisconsin borrows a favorite breakfast cereal as a main ingredient for his small batch of fun, tasty bars. These treats are not sticky, cut well and are ideal to pack.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups Cheerios
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- stir in peanut butter until blended. Add Cheerios and peanuts; stir
- to coat.
- Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6 bars.
Nutrition Facts: One bar equals 203 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.