Honey-Orange Broccoli Slaw
When you need coleslaw quickly, here's a great choice. Hints of honey and citrus make it special. —Debbie Cassar, Rockford, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, almonds and raisins. In a
- small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss
- to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 136 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.