Honey Oatmeal Bread
"My mother served this honey-flavored loaf at a family gathering, and I had to have the recipe," recalls Megan Schwartz of Burbank, Ohio.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or
- flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutrition Facts: One slice equals 165 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.