Honey-Mustard Green Beans
I used this recipe as an occasion to get my kids involved in cooking. They had fun snapping ends off the beans and they delighted in whisking together the dressing ingredients. In addition I was surprised how much they liked the green beans with this hint of sweetness.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, honey
- and salt. Drain beans; add to vinegar mixture and toss to coat.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 65 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.