If my family had their wish, I'd serve chicken on the grill every night. This sweet and tangy glaze is an appealing alternative to traditional tomato-based sauces.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 50 min.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, honey, mustard and
- ginger; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water; gradually
- whisk into honey mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- thickened. Reserve 3/4 cup to serve with chicken if desired.
- Baste chicken with remaining glaze. Grill, covered, over medium-low
- heat for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; brush again with glaze. Grill,
- uncovered, for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with
- reserved glaze if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 628 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.