Honey Mustard Chicken
"The whole family enjoys this saucy chicken served over rice, so I make it often," says Heather Wray from Portville, New York. "It cooks up so tender and juicy that I sometimes serve the chicken on rolls with lettuce an tomato."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over
- medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Combine the gravy,
- mustard and honey; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free gravy and 2 teaspoons honey; calculated without rice) equals 165 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.