Honey Mustard Carrots
After tasting this side dish at a restaurant, I created a similar recipe by trial and error in my own kitchen. Since we have six beehives, I like to use honey in many of my recipes.
-Jean Dandrea, Burkesville, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pound carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, cumin and cinnamon.
- Drain carrots well; stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add honey
- mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.