Honey-Lime Fruit Dip
For more than 20 years, this citrusy dip has been as welcome as sunshine at our holiday breakfast table. Try serving it with fresh melon, pineapple, green apples, strawberries, kiwis and bananas.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mace
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, honey and lime juice. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is
- thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt and mace. Cool to room
- temperature. Stir in the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour or until chilled. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.