Honey-Grilled Chicken Breasts
Orange juice and soy sauce make such a tasty combination in this recipe from my mother-in-law. And the longer this chicken marinates, the fuller the flavor!
Jennifer Petersen-Murray, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°,
- basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 221 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,