Honey Grapefruit Halves
I like to experiment with quick, economical meals using citrus from our own groves. Our packinghouse crew tells me this slightly sweet side dish is one of my best. It's a real eye-opener at breakfast!Peterson's Groves and Nursery, Fred Peterson, Vero Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 red grapefruit, halved
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries or whole fresh strawberries, optional
- Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in an ovenproof pan. Loosen
- grapefruit sections. Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 5 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish
- each with a cherry or strawberry if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 grapefruit equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.