Honey-Glazed Snack Mix
A retired home economist, Lucile created this recipe for a honey contest at the Kansas State Fair and won first prize! Its sweet, addictive flavor will surely have you begging for more.
—Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 6 cups Crispix
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the Crispix, pretzels and pecans. In a small
- saucepan, combine butter and honey. Cook and stir until butter is
- melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool on wire
- racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.