WHEN I was a young girl, this was my oldest sister's Sunday dinner. The tradition has continued, as I make this dish twice a month and my four daughters serve their families with this favorite dish. It has an old-fashioned subtle flavor and the chicken is crisp and brown.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, orange juice, honey and salt.
- Remove 1/3 cup and set aside for basting. Dip chicken pieces in
- remaining butter mixture; place in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear,
- basting occasionally with reserved butter mixture.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.