My mother used sugar in this recipe, but a local man who keeps bees on our farm shares honey with use so I use that instead.Judie Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place carrots and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet; stir in honey and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add
- carrots; cook and stir for 1 minute or until glazed. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine) equals 127 calories, 107 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.