Honey Citrus Chops
I often serve this pork with fried rice and Chinese-style vegetables. It also makes a great appetizer by itself. Folks have fun dipping the nuggets into the two homemade sauces.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce and
- honey; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight,
- turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer