Honey Bran Muffins
Meet the Cook: There's a deliciously different taste to these muffins, thanks to the pineapple juice and raisins they contain. We have them for breakfast, lunch and snacks.
My husband and I enjoy gardening...I do flowers, and he does vegetables.
-Pauline Rohloff, Endeavor, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups All-Bran
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice and raisins; set aside. In a
- large bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir in cereal. Add to sugar
- mixture and mix well. Fold in the raisin mixture (batter will be
- thin). Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Stir (batter will thicken). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until
- muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire
- rack. Yield: about 12 jumbo muffins or 20 standard-size muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium,