Honey Barbecued Chicken
This dish has plenty of taste and eye appeal. It's baked to perfection in an onion tomato sauce that's both sweet and spunky.Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and bake 20
- minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 473 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as