Honey Barbecue Chicken
"I love chicken with pineapple, yet I wanted to try something different," explains Carrie Price of Uneeda, West Virginia. "So I came up with this sweet and tangy chicken that doesn't take long to prepare and only uses one pan."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit and juice aside. Sprinkle
- chicken with curry powder. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both
- sides over medium-high heat in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and pineapple
- until vegetables are tender and pineapple is golden brown. Stir in
- barbecue sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Return chicken to the
- pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,292 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or