Honey Banana Punch
Here's a great punch recipe I got from a beekeeper's association. The mix of banana, pineapple and citrus gives it a light sunny flavor. With its pretty honey color, it makes an elegant beverage for weddings and other special events.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups thawed orange juice concentrate
- 5 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 4 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a blender, combine orange juice concentrate and bananas; cover and
- process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl; add the pineapple juice, water, honey, sugar
- and soft drink mix. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into two
- 2-qt. freezer containers. Cover and freeze until mixture is slushy.
- To serve, transfer each portion of fruit slush to a large pitcher.
- Add 2 liters of soda to each pitcher; stir to blend. Yield: 7-1/2
- gallons (30 1-cup servings).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 176 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.