Honey Balsamic Chicken
This is a recipe I adapted from a cookbook that featured quick and easy recipes. I adjusted the seasonings somewhat and added a bit more honey to better suit my tastes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over
- medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the vinegar, honey and basil to the same skillet; cook and stir
- for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to
- coat with glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.