Hominy with Peppers
“This is one of my family’s favorite sides. My mother-in-law hated to eat light, but she would devour this when I served it.” Anna Breeding - Marion, OH
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, hominy, oil and garlic pepper;
- toss to coat. Spread into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until peppers are
- tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.