Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
There is nothing better then homemade ice cream. Your family will request this recipe every summer!Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until the sugar is
- dissolved. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to
- manufacturer's directions. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Editor's Note: For raspberry or strawberry ice cream, substitute 2 cups fresh or frozen berries for 1 cup of half-and-half. Puree berries in a blender or food processor; stir into the other ingredients before freezing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 256 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.