"My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me," comments Mary Blott from Mukwonago, Wisconsin. "Almost every time I ask, what I can bring to a party, I'm told to bring this crunchy colorful salsa." TIP: "For the best results, prepare and serve it on the same day." recommends Mary. "And you may want to make a double batch, because a single batch just won't do.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, celery and green
- pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the wine or apple juice, vinegar,
- oil, mustard seed, salt, coriander and pepper; pour over vegetables
- and toss to coat. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.