Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
Oregano, garlic and sage add zippy flavor to these quick-to-fix ground pork patties. I've had this Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for years, and it always brings compliments.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground pork
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. patties. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry patties for 6-8 minutes
- on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.