Homemade Pancake Syrup
This simple maple syrup cooks up in minutes but leaves a lasting impression. It's best served hot over waffles or pancakes with lots of creamy butter.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the sugars, water and corn syrup; bring to a
- boil over medium heat. Boil for 7 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and
- vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French
- toast. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.