Homemade Pancake Mix
I developed this convenient pancake mix to keep on hand for mornings when I'm pressed for time. Served with locally made maple syrup, these sweet and fluffy pancakes are a big hit.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- PANCAKE MIX:
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups Pancake Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut
- in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an
- airtight canister at room temperature.
- To prepare pancakes: Combine mix and sugar in a bowl. Combine milk
- and egg; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter by 1/3
- cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form
- on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield:
- 6 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 939 calories, 33 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 2,236 mg sodium, 134 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.