Homemade Orange Refresher
"Family and friends will thank you for serving this cool, tangy orange drink on warm evenings," assures Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
- Orange slices and mint, optional
- in a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- on high until smooth. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until
- slushy. Serve in chilled glasses. Garnish with orange slices and
- mint if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: For a fancy glass edge, invert glass and dip into orange juice and then sugar; let dry 1 hour before filling glass.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 191 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.