Homemade Italian Chicken
My family was rather skeptical the first time I served this, but I knew it was a hit when they quickly asked for seconds! I especially like serving this to company, since I can visit with my guests while it bakes.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce,
- mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over
- chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese
- melts. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 384 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 978 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.