Homemade Cream-Style Corn
My son-in-law isn’t a creamed corn enthusiast. But ever since he tried mine, he asks me to make it. It’s so much better than canned corn, and nearly as easy.Verl Diro, Rapid City, South Dakota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover
- and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cut corn from
- In a large saucepan, bring the corn, cream and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat; stir in cilantro and Italian seasoning. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 257 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.