Homemade Coconut Macaroons
Chewy, simple and oh, so good, these Coconut Macaroons are perfect for bake sales.
Sabrina Shafer, Minooka, Illinois
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour
- and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.