Homemade Chocolate Pudding
This delightful pudding is always a treat and easy to whip up using common pantry ingredients. I usually top the pudding with M&M's. My husband likes whipped topping on his and our daughter loves to dip fresh strawberries in hers.Carrina Cooper, McAlpin, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- M&M's, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir
- for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes. Chill until serving. Sprinkle
- with M&M's if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2 cup serving (prepared with skim milk and margarine and served without M&M's) equals 196 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 milk.