Homemade Chocolate Pudding
MY MOTHER used to make this dessert whenever she could. During the Depression it was hard to find chocolate, but when she found some, she saved enough to make this pudding. I make it now and think of her every time I prepare it.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add milk; stir
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to
- a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in vanilla. Spoon into dessert dishes. Serve warm or
- chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.