- desired, remove meat from bones; discard bones and save meat for
- another use. Strain broth through a cheesecloth-lined colander,
- discarding vegetables and seasonings. If using immediately, skim fat
- or refrigerate 8 hours or overnight; remove fat from surface. Broth
- can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen 4-6 months.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.