Homemade Baked Beans
This recipe starts with a can of beans, then I dress them up for a special homemade taste.
2-3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in
- drippings until tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup,
- Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in pork and
- beans; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and mixture reaches desired
- thickness. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 each) equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.