My husband and I both work full time and we have three daughters, so good, quick meals are important. This stew works wonders, it always tastes great and is a regular menu item for us. —Marie Shanks, Terre Haute, Indiana
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 415 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,205 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.