Home-Style Salad Dressing
This pleasant-tasting dressing is delicious drizzled on a bed of greens with a sprinkling of crumbled blue cheese. Mom always gets requests for the recipe.
-Mared Metzger Beling, Eagle River, Alaska
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady
- stream. In a salad bowl, combine greens and vegetables; sprinkle
- with blue cheese. Serve with dressing. Refrigerate any leftover
- dressing. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 200 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.