"This is a deliciously different way to prepare potatoes, and it's so easy," assures June Formanek from Belle Plaine, Iowa. "If there happen to be any leftovers, they're just as good the next day."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine
- water, butter, soup mix and rosemary; heat until butter is melted.
- Pour over potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.