- measure 2 cups. In a small saucepan, combine remaining flour and
- water until smooth. Stir in salt and browning sauce if desired.
- Gradually stir in the 2 cups pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast and
- vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 341 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.