Home-Style French Dressing
This was the house dressing in a local restaurant several years ago and has long been a family favorite. We like it over salad greens and fresh vegetables.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a food processor or blender, puree onion and lemon juice until
- smooth. Add ketchup, oil, vinegar, sugar and salt; blend until
- smooth. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 103 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.