Home-Style Chicken Soup
“I’ve relied on this easily prepared broth on many occasions,” Kathy Rairigh shares from Milford, Indiana. “Mom gave me the recipe, and we love it.”
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in noodles; cover and cook
- on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms) equals 131 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.