Home Run Slugger Sub
I trimmed long French bread to make these hearty hoagies look like baseball bats—only they’re stuffed with cold cuts, veggies and cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound and 20 inches long)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced bologna
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 4 romaine leaves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- With a sharp knife, cut one end of the baguette in the shape of a
- baseball bat handle. Slice loaf in half lengthwise.
- On the bottom half, layer with ham, bologna, salami, romaine, cheeses
- and tomato. Replace top. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Cut
- into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 511 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,068 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.