- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir preserves and
- sugar until sugar is dissolved. Set aside 1/2 cup. Brush remaining
- glaze over cake tops.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add
- confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread 1/2 cup
- frosting over one cake; top with second cake and 3/4 cup frosting.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts over the top.
- Spread reserved glaze over sides of cake; press remaining walnuts
- onto sides. Pipe remaining frosting around top edge of cake. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 580 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.