Holiday Sweet Potato Bread
"This pleasant bread is a welcome addition to fall meals," pens Christi Ross of Mill Creek, Oklahoma. "No one at our Thanksgiving table could get enough."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 113 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.