Holiday Sugar Cookies
Cream cheese helps create the rich, melt-in-your-mouth taste of these perfect cookies. Forget any other sugar cookie recipe-this is the only one you need!
Julie Brunette, Green Bay Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Tinted frosting, coarse sugar and/or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt
- and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until
- edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Decorate as desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium,