This recipe came from our youngest daughter who especially likes to prepare it at Christmas. The crunchy topping and touch of sweet maple syrup make it our favorite side dish for turkey or ham.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and
- salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Peel squash; cut into 1/2-in.
- slices, removing seeds when necessary. Put a third of the squash
- slices in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4
- cup crumb mixture. Layer the remaining squash on top, overlapping
- when necessary. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Top with
- pecans. Drizzle with maple syrup. Cover with foil; bake at 350°
- for 1 hour. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes more or until squash is
- done. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 330 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.