Holiday Sandwich Wreath
This jolly sandwich wreath always disappears in a twinkling at parties! Best of all, I can put it together in no time using deli ham and chicken salads-or sometimes I make my own. Try decking it with "holly" fashioned from parsley and grape tomatoes.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 20 slices snack rye bread
- 20 slices snack pumpernickel bread
- HAM SALAD:
- 1/2 pound deli ham salad
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- CHICKEN SALAD:
- 1/2 pound deli chicken salad
- 1/4 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Christmas bow, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. In a bowl,
- combine the ham salad ingredients. In another bowl, combine the
- chicken salad, apple and sour cream.
- Spread ham salad on half of the rye bread slices; top with remaining
- rye. Spread chicken salad on half of the pumpernickel bread slices;
- top with remaining pumpernickel. Arrange sandwiches in a circle on a
- serving plate. Decorate with a bow if desired. Yield: 20 sandwiches.